Types of Gift Cards/Promotional Codes
TicketsNow uses several different methods in which to deliver gift codes to customers, but there are only two standard types of cards:
Gift Cards, discount codes, and email campaigns where the code begins with the digit 8:
- The customer can use a card with a code that begins with the digit 8 to cover the entire cost of the tickets, but will be responsible for paying the full service charge and delivery fee.
- Offer excludes the purchase of TicketsNow gift cards, virtual gift cards, and event parking passes.
- The card must be validated prior to its use.
- The Web site will verify the gift code is being used properly prior to allowing the Internet order to go through.
- If the full amount of the 8 card was not used, a customer will retain the balance until the expiration date - unless the gift card, discount code, or email campaign is designated a one-time use card.
- Offer cannot be combined with other promotional codes.
- Offer cannot be used toward a prior purchase.
- Additional exclusions may apply.
Purchased Gift Cards or Virtual Gift Cards in which the code begins with the digit 9:
Gift Cards with a code starting with the digit 9 were purchased from TicketsNow.
- Can be purchased as an actual, physical gift card or as a virtual gift card, (electronic, sent via email).
- Do not have an expiration date.
- Must be validated prior to use.
- Once validated, can be used for the entire purchase amount.
- Cannot be applied to a previous purchase.
- Full balance of card does not have to be exhausted with one purchase.
- Can be combined with other purchased gift cards with promo codes that begin with the digit 9 and one promotional code or card that begins with the digit 8.
- Additional exclusions may apply.
1. Redemption: The TicketsNow Gift Card ("Gift Card") can be used for purchases online at www.TicketsNow.com and via TicketsNow telephone lines.
2. Use of Gift Card: The Gift Card can be used toward the purchase of the tickets sold through TicketsNow.
3. Gift Card Balance: Check your Gift Card balance by calling 1-800-927-2700. You must have your Gift Card number available.
4. Exchange Rate: All ticket prices on TicketsNow are in U.S. Dollars (USD). No exchange rates apply.
5. Lost or stolen Gift Cards: The Gift Card is not replaceable if lost or stolen without proof of purchase.
6. Expiration Dates: The Gift Card with a promo code beginning with the digit 9 has no expiration date. However, in certain states, after a certain period of time, we may remit the cash associated with unused Gift Card balances to certain states pursuant to their abandoned property laws. Once we have remitted that cash to such a state, if someone tries to redeem the Gift Card, it may no longer be redeemed and we may direct them to that state's government instead. The Gift Card with a promo code beginning with the digit 8 has a published expiration date on the card or in the terms of its use.
7. Cash Redemption: Promotional codes beginning with the digit 8 are not redeemable for cash. Gift Cards beginning with the digit 9 are not redeemable for cash - except in the states where it is required by law to the extent noted below. If you are a resident of one of these states, and the balance on your TicketsNow gift card is less than the respective dollar amount below, you may redeem it for cash:
California Gift Card Law When the balance is $9.99 or less
Colorado Gift Card Law
When the balance is $5.00 or less
Maine Gift Card Law When the balance is $4.99 or less
Montana Gift Card Law When the balance is $4.99 or less
New Jersey Gift Card Law When the balance is $4.99 or less
Oregon Gift Card Law When the balance is $4.99 or less
Rhode Island Gift Card Law When the balance is $0.99 or less
Vermont Gift Card Law When the balance is $0.99 or less
Washington Gift Card Law When the balance is $4.99 or less
Massachusetts Gift Card Law Gift cards are redeemable for cash after 90% of the value has been redemed
Simply send your Gift Card along with a self-addressed envelope to the following address:
Attn: TicketsNow Customer Care / Gift Card Redemption
265 Exchange Drive, Lower Lever
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
We'll verify your address, confirm that your gift card balance qualifies you for redemption, and send you a check for the exact amount in the envelope provided. If your gift card balance is equal to or greater than the cap, or we can't verify your residency, we'll return your gift card in the envelope provided. Please do not send your gift card to TicketsNow without a self-addressed envelope. TicketsNow will be unable to redeem or return your gift card without a self-addressed envelope. TicketsNow is not responsible for mail that doesn't arrive at the address provided and cannot guarantee delivery in any way after submittal to the US Postal Service.
8. Restrictions on Use: The Gift Card with a promo code beginning with the digit 8 cannot be combined with any other Promotional Cards beginning with the digit 8, other coupons, or promotional email campaigns. The Gift Card cannot be used as a credit or debit card. Gift Cards may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or promotional activities without TicketsNow's prior written approval and may not be sold other than through authorized TicketsNow channels. TicketsNow reserves the right to limit quantities of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity. TicketsNow reserves the right to cancel a Gift Card if it believes that the Gift Card was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorized means. No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection, or deposit account is associated with your Gift Card..
9. Not Reloadable: You cannot "reload" (i.e., you cannot add value/balance to your Gift Card at this time).
10. Unused or Insufficient Balance: If the Gift Card holder's purchase exceeds the amount of that Gift Card's balance, the Gift Card holder must pay the difference by another means. Unused Gift Card balances are not transferable.
11. Billing Errors: TicketsNow reserves the right to correct the balance of the Gift Card if TicketsNow believes that a billing error has occurred. TicketsNow disclaims all liability for any such billing errors.
12. Disclaimer: TicketsNow and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Gift Cards, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event a Gift Card code is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability, shall be the replacement of such Gift Card. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitation may not apply to you and you might have additional rights.
13. Disputes: Any dispute related to TicketsNow Gift Cards shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in the State of California, except that to the extent you have violated or have stated that you will violate TicketsNow's intellectual property rights, TicketsNow may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of California, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under these Terms and Conditions shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. No arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these Terms and Conditions.
14. Laws and Regulations: Use of the Gift Card is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Please be advised that many states treat gift cards that have been unused for a certain period of time as abandoned property subject to escheat.
16. Terms and Conditions: Use of the Gift Card constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. TicketsNow reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its discretion without notice.
© 2008 TicketsNow.
All rights reserved.